Saturday, July 17, 2010

Rider is back to life!

Went and got a new battery today. Came home and put it in the rider and turned the key. Who would think the sound of the mower running could make someone so happy?! I was very happy...happy and relieved.

I took the "old" battery, that I had just bought in June, with me. The dealer said that he was going to test the battery and if it did not hold its charge, that he would refund me the cost of the battery.

My nephew had told me that with new batteries it is possible that with a complete discharge it might longer be able to keep a charge. I looked it up on the internet. Sure enough, I found the following at: http://www.mpoweruk.com/life.htm#dod
"many cell chemistries will not tolerate deep discharge and cells may be permanently damaged if fully discharged."

So, in all honesty, I can't take a refund. We were at fault for the battery discharging to such a degree. Shoot, $35 for a riding mower battery that is guaranteed for five years, is a good deal. I am not complaining. I am just happy to be mowing.

God is good and He has given us a good life.

No comments: