Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Rain Continues and the Baking Goes On

Another round of heavy showers hit again. It is just one after another!!! Everything is so very green. I thank the Lord for this beautiful moisture, it has certainly made our garden stay alive! And, given Kathleen and Andy's little trees a good start.

When making scones, I load them with nuts and cranberries.... and that is such a great combination. Thinking maybe I was getting too much baking powder, I had intended for the next batch to go maybe half as much as the recipe calls for. However, after getting distracted by Christopher and his friend, the baking powder was left out all together. This is not adviseable, if you want a good scone. It is ok....but lacks the breaded texture. But, with tea, it is edible.

On the 4th I had a tire go completely flat. The night was dark, the wind was blowing a little, and it was cold. I called my brother, and soon him and four of his buddies showed up to get the tire changed. I thank the Lord that I did not have the flat somewhere in the next 120 miles, as I traveled home. Brothers are such lifesavers!!! Promising to send them cookies, Chris, Kat and I all headed off in the night to our destinations. God is good!

No comments: