Friday, July 16, 2010

Monkey Wrench In the Works

No smooth progress today. Still plagued by a riding lawn mower that won't start. First we had tried to get it going with the original battery---time wasted here! Finally we got a new battery. How nice to start up the rider on the first turn of the key!!!

Then the lights were left on and the battery ran down...way down. The charger would not charge it -- time wasted here!

Took it to the dealer and he charged it, but at the end of the day said it still need to be charged as it had not gotten up to the "line." So I put it on the charger over night and then put it in the rider. Today I intended to hit that field of grass, oats and weeds at full throttle - but the battery is so dead it won't even turn over!!! --time wasted here!

Tomorrow we are getting another new battery...no more messing around!!!

Spent most of the day in town...hoping to get my tasks done so I could go home and get out in this beautiful summer weather and mow. When I came home, I had my tea and some of Christopher's cookies....changed to work clothes and walked outside. The wind was blowing, but it was blowing hot air! It felt so nice!!!

God is good! What a beautiful world and each day an adventure!!

No comments: