Friday, January 15, 2010

Forgiveness

What a great God have we! He is the God of fairness, truth and justice. We can forgive each other's injustices against each other and know that, also, God will forgive us of our sins.

There is one sin, however, that is not forgiven by God. I remember, as a kid in confirmation, of being so afraid to "blasphemy" the Holy Spirit. I tried to imagine what I could do to cause that. What could possibly be so bad! How could any heart be beyond repentance? You may have run into people with hearts of stone, but whoever you, or I, think may have crossed that line to commit "blasphemy of the Holy Spirit" through their actions and words, it is best to leave the judgment to God. Only He knows the true hearts of men.

"Matthew 12:30 He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad.

(The Unpardonable Sin) 31 “Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. 32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come."


Those who have hurt me are forgiven by me; I have put them in my prayers. I cannot walk with God when there is bitterness and unforgiveness in my heart. Our God will be our Deliverer and He will bring true justice. If I, by not forgiving someone, cause that person to lose his or her soul to Satan, then what righteousness have I? All of God's children are precious in His sight. If He forgives their sin, can I do less? If they are not repentant, that is between them and God.

"Matthew 10:27 “Whatever I tell you in the dark, speak in the light; and what you hear in the ear, preach on the housetops. 28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. 29 Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will. 30 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows."

When Jesus sent out the disciples he told them:
"Matthew 10:12 And when you go into a household, greet it. 13 If the household is worthy, let your peace come upon it. But if it is not worthy, let your peace return to you. 14 And whoever will not receive you nor hear your words, when you depart from that house or city, shake off the dust from your feet. 15 Assuredly, I say to you, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city!"

May we all be worthy when the Holy Spirit comes to us. The choices we make are for eternity.

God be with us.

No comments: