Sunday, January 24, 2010

Coming Home

There is nothing like a little winter weather to make the trip long! Kathleen and I finally got back to Montana but could not get back to the house because the county roads have not been plowed out. Kat parked the car and Andy used 4-wheel drive to pick up and transfer us home.

During the years when our family was young, I made sure our house was in order and everything done up before we left on a trip, so that when we returned home, it would be a "welcome home" time and a time of rest. This time it is Kat and Andy's house that is a welcome rest.

We also have another home, a spiritual home, as Jesus describes:
John 14:23 Jesus answered and said to him, 'If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.'

Jesus also promises us another home, a future, eternal home that will be forever,
John 14:2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

What a great Hope we have--to someday live in the Glory and Love of God! Imagine..such sinners as us loved by the Almighty God -the creator of all things!! This awesome God--holy and pure--has adopted those who follow Him, as His children, and has prepared great things for us. May you know His Peace and His Love in your life today.

No comments: