Thursday, September 3, 2009

Life goes on

Yesterday I was kinda depressed, so I got out for awhile. Went out to the cemetery. Sarah's grave needs to be cut desperately, so will go over Monday morning before I head over to Mom's.

Went and mailed off pkgs to Victoria and Huimin so they will have the California journal. While I was over there I saw one of the fellows that Tim began at the Post Office with and worked with throughout his whole career. They both started off as clerks, both about the same age, military background, and both loved to shoot the bull over a beer. It was good to see him. Then the girl that was working the counter had worked with Tim at both the Post Office and at the Mail Processing Plant. So, very good to see them both.

Went and saw our cousin Mary Jane. The day before I tried to catch her too, as Mom had sent cookies and carrots over for her birthday. Yesterday we just had a real good visit and enjoyed some orange pop and, of course, a cookie. (hehe) She wants to update the family book one day. Perhaps some winter day we can get together for this.

Wednesday night was church. Very nice. The evening was so calm, very warm, but not hot. Pastor talked on creation. Did you notice that God created grass and herb and fruit trees and each yielding its own fruit? He created all living things, and blessed them to be fruitful and multiply. I remember being young and in school and trying to figure out how God made the world using evolution. When you are young, you trust that what you are told is the truth. It was long after I reached adulthood, before I realized there was no evolution of any kind - although there is mutation. Man, who has libraries full of books of knowledge, cannot create life, he cannot create the potential for future life. He cannot create a spirit. Man, with all the wisdom of this world, cannot even touch, much less understand, the great wonders and ways of our Lord.

What an aching knee I have! Got it really out of joint again somehow. Tomorrow I will wrap it and see if we can make it though another day. So to all, good night. Anita don't forget to close your door, we don't want that little snake and lizard getting in the house!!! God Keep us all. love, randi

1 comment:

AnitaGay said...

I'll keep that in mind, tho I usually keep my doors closed ....not sure what kind of a snake it is....probably a rat snake or in that family....going to try to get a picture of it next time I see it....

what do they say is wrong with your knee?