Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Contentment

After I went to bed last night, the rains came in, not too much, but enough to make everything fresh. The thunder, though, was great...almost raised me out of my bed!

Today, being payday, I went to town to take care of business and to see Mom. (AND, yes, I did bring home vegetables from her garden.) I've changed the radio station in the pickup and tuned into 89.5 which comes on as "God's Country." It is nice. It is gentle and Christian and Country---there is just total contentment with most of their songs.

Driving down the one-way over to my cousin's house, I'm aware of a quietness of nature, it feels like Fall. There is contentment and peace as I look at the old houses I pass and then down at the mileage gauge of my old pickup which is past 170,000 miles. I like it all - the old being refreshed and going forward. I remember something in the Bible concerning contentment, I thought it was in Psalms, but I found this verse:

1 Timothy 6:6 "Now godliness with contentment is great gain. 7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. 8 And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content."

And I like "contentment" -- it is a good feeling.

1 comment:

AnitaGay said...

looks like somebody fell asleep before posting today hmmmm...
in waiting room ...well doing waiting for hubby was reading an article about these "Golden" years....I am going to make it my mission to find that dude -- possibly tarnished brass, with dents and rust maybe...golden...not so much!! just saying....