Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Wind is Here

Awakened, during the night, by the wind, I listened as it tore through the trees with the weight of its force.  An eerie crying sound could be heard in the darkness--something on the outside.  It was only the wind rubbing something against the house.  The wind continued all through the night and still it blows, hopefully lulling the babies back to sleep.  They have just had their morning bottle and I hope to crawl back into my warm covers for a little bit more sleep.   The clapper in the stove pipe clanks with the downdraft, and outside something big just rolled by thunking with each roll--I imagine someone's garbage can.  Sleep little baby, sleep.  Only one is now still awake.

I loved the wind as a kid.  Today I still do, unless the cold is with it.  The wind brings change--sometimes for the better, sometimes  not. We need change in our lives, and this world is in sore need of change--change that only our God- the God of the impossible, a God whose love and power know no boundary, can accomplish. 

No comments: