Monday, January 23, 2012

Good News

Today I went to my first physical therapy appointment.  I didn't know what to expect and thought it would be painful, but it wasn't. 

It turns out that the problem with my lower back is that it is out of alignment.   Yea!  No surgery!  My therapy session was great.  It was comfortable and when the therapist realigned my spine, there was no pain.  Actually it felt good to not feel anything, there had always been pressure on it, even when the pain was not there. 

As the night wore on, my back became tired and I am now ready for bed.  I realize that all those years of using those muscles, in that cramped position, will require a lot of exercise to get them to function completely normal again.  I know that one treatment did not fix all, but I am so happy to see the light at the end of the tunnel in this matter.

God is good.  His timing is perfect, and I believe that He has brought a healing through this therapist, for His plans.   Tonight rest; tomorrow we will see what the Lord has planned.

2 comments:

Sr Crystal Mary Lindsey said...

Really happy for you. Who wants an operation? Soon you will be as right as rain.

I put up with a sore toe for years as I was informed I had a hairline stress fracture. (It had been exrayed).. all that pain for nothing. A chiropractor pulled it hard and it was fixed..

RandiGrace said...

To diagnose a problem, I think, can be pretty hard. Therapy certainly has its rewards -- besides helping with healing, the therapist can feel your bones and tell you what is wrong!

Glad your toe is healed, Crystal. It is amazing how disruptive something out of alignment, or out of place, is to one's life. I now admire those handicapped people in wheelchairs, or those using walkers and canes, when they show up for events, or church, or whatever. The Lord has opened our eyes and hearts a little bit more.