Friday, May 13, 2011

Windy Again--No surprise!

Yesterday was so nice....no wind and very warm!!!   Today the wind is back.  In checking the paper, it looks like it will be here tomorrow too.  So, tomorrow back to my "farm coat"--my very warm winter coat that got saturated with car oil.  (Not on purpose.)

My hope was to get the garden in today, and although I got everything cleared out of the area, and borrowed Mom's rototiller, it still isn't ready. Four new fence posts now replace the flimsy ones I bought last year--that bent or broke when the wind blew over the snow fence, that was put up next to the garden fence.   Tomorrow I will get the fencing restretched and try to get a tight fence--then plow up the dirt.  It would do no good to plow up the dirt and then leave it open for the cats to get into.   Their eyes would probably get big as saucers and their little hearts pitter-patter at a fast pace, to see such a big "cat box"!!!

Kat wants to put in strawberry and raspberry plants.  Tomorrow we will make our plans and decide how eveything is going to be arranged. 

All the children are growing gardens this year, and I am so proud of every one of them.  There is a little bit of farmer in all of them.  

There is a lot of work to be done, but I am so glad spring is here! God is good! 





No comments: