Monday, May 2, 2011

Spring is in the Air!

Everything holds a promise of new life.   The lilies are poking their leaves up through the flower beds, the grass is turning green, weeds are coming up and I even saw some dandelion flowers today!  The gophers are digging holes everywhere.  Today, when I was in town, I drove down River Road and there were the geese and their little goslings!  So cute!!! 

The cats took over the garage when the bitter cold days of winter were with us.  They had a heat light and were quite cozy and happy.  Today I took the cat paraphernalia to the deck, or to storage, and washed all the cat fuzz and dander off the floor.  They got into everything out there!!   First came the sweeping of the floor and then it was washed with bleach and water.   Of course, since the garage door was wide open, the cats all came trooping through to see what I was doing.

Summer will be busy this year, with company coming, and it is going to take us the next two months to prepare.  It is exciting to see things getting done after being housebound from the bitter cold most of the winter!  Next week starts the garden! 

God is good and I thank Him for the eternal Hope we have in Him and for these wonderful blessings He has given us in this world.

1 comment:

Covnitkepr1 said...

I want to invite you to follow my blog. I'm visiting your blog as the result of a comment you left on another blog you follow. I like your comments. If you put a follow wedgit on here...I would gladly follow you as well.