Friday, May 14, 2010

Hand to the Plow

Luke 9:62 But Jesus said to him, “No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.”

There was a time when life was comfortable in our family home, when I had the enjoyment of having my husband with me. And, I loved dearly the time when my baby was with me. But I have no wish to go back in time. It was a good time, but we all have to move forward to what is ahead. God has great treasures in store for Tim and Sarah, beyond any measure of what is here on earth. We just go forward without them and in God's time, we will go "home", too.

Sometimes I am afraid that I will fail in my walk with God. It is so easy to judge others, to get angry, and to not put all my trust in God. It is so easy to get caught up in the busy work of life--to the point where it just takes over. Or, find that I have over-committed myself and the mountains of promises are about to fall on me.

It is time to now be still and just listen to the Lord. What are His priorities? Where do I go in my walk with Him? Its time to pray and stay in prayer.

No comments: