Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Grandkids - Part II

More on the grandbabies…Timmy, age 2, Serena, age 5, Madison, age 10:

We had barbecue pork, rice and pineapple for supper one night. Don't ever get pineapple juice on Serena's rice!! ...ohhhhhh it was a long supper. But, then Ice cream for dessert.
***

For stories, Timmy and Serena got the 10 plagues. Serena already knew what a plague was. They both gave their ideas of what they would do with the pharoh who was so mean. Mostly Timmy mirrored Serena's ideas, but was much more vocal. Then we had the book "If you Take a Mouse to the Movies" and I forgot the third book.

Timmy is very active tonight. I was busy so Timmy ended up dealing with Victoria, too. I went in a couple of times to tell him to get his head on his pillow and face the wall. He already asked for a drink and a toy...chosing his big luggage bag of cars--which we wouldn't let in his bed. Now to get him to sleep.

I was folding clothes and Serena was listening to her CD Bible Stories and suddenly you hear Serena say something about telling Grandma. Next thing I heard was shrieks of "N-O-O-O-O N-O-O-O!" from Timmy.

I jumped up and ran to the bedroom, Victoria got there first. He was already in trouble. I think he threw his car at Serena. Now, off went the light, with the door almost totally closed. You hear wailings between the cries of "dark" "can't see" and then quiet. All is well they are asleep.
****
We had roast, mashed potatoes and peas for supper. Madison gave everyone a candy kiss for dessert. It was put on the table by their plate, for when they were finished with supper. Timmy took so long he forgot about his. I sent Serena outside since she was so hyper and then Timmy wanted to go play in the dark, too. As I was cleaning up I went to the other side of the table and there scattered all over the floor were peas. I thought it was fitting that he didn't get his candy kiss.
****
The kids report that there is a half moon out there. It is still nice out at 8:30...but now, to the tub. I left them soaking with "write on the wall" soap crayons. I was just down the hall loading the dishwasher. The next thing I heard was a big crash and splash. I get in there and Timmy had fallen and bumped his head and is crying. I asked if he had stood up and Serena said yes. Apparently he tried to do some body art. So....point maybe learned...no standing in the tub. Bedtime stories...Mad Mattie, Going to the Dentist and the Special kid (wheelchair). Prayers. Then up for a drink. Soon asleep

*****
This afternoon the kids had the bubble machine outside. Very nice weather in the upper 70's and no wind. Set the bubbler on the table and turned it on. It was so funny to see the kids trying to catch & pop and catch and eat the bubbles. Funnier yet was the dog. He was jumping and going wild trying to eat the bubbles in the air. He ought have a tummy ache tonight!

Kids played outside all pm. They came in and was playing in the sleepover tent for awhile, but I put on NCIS and when I sat down to watch it I couldn't hear a thing so chased them out. Timmy was very wild this afternoon. They were running up and down the slide and all over the back yard. I let them go...they had boundless energy. They play right outside the sliding door in the livingroom.

*****
After their bath the kids listened to the Buzzy Bee CD twice. (Another story on manners.) They had the story of Elijah and the fire, where Elijah and the prophets of Baal went up on a mountain to have a showdown of their “god” and the living God. Baal's prophets made an altar and put on it wood and a sacrifice. All the priests of Baal prayed, danced and tried to get their “god” to send fire to burn the sacrifice. After much time it proved a dismal failure and then Elijah set up an altar with a sacrifice and wood and then built a trench around it. He watered the sacrifice and the wood and filled the trench with water --and then watered it all again. At the time of sacrifice he called on God of Heaven to let the people know that He was God and to turn the people's hearts back to Him. Fire came from Heaven and not only burned up the sacrifice, but the wood, the stones of the altar, the dust and the water. The people then fell on their faces and the prophets of Baal were executed. (I didn't add that last part of the execution to their story.)

They also had the story of Saul, a persecutor of the Christians. He was blinded by the brightness and glory of the Lord. He was then sent to Ananias to see again. He became the Apostle Paul. A prophet whose teachings went out to all the world. They also had the story of "I'm Sorry". This is about the little critter who had a very bad day and was sorry for every clumsy thing he did. In the end his mom tells him just being sorry isn't good enough. The little critter says to the readers that he must be careful too.

There was one more Bible book but I forgot which one. Serena put on Buzzy Bee CD and, with the little light, listened to the story again after prayers.
*****
Overheard little Timmy open his flip phone and talk to Dad today. 'Hi Daddy...." After he closed it up he came to the computer in the dining room, where I was, and said "Daddy is coming home."

*****
Timmy has been consistently more demanding in wanting stuff lately. We went to watch swim practice early as the kids wanted to see Madison. It is cold, I had stopped by the house to get their coats. So, we walked in the bleacher section and there are not too many people. We sat about half way down, 2nd row up, so that we could see Madison from beginning to end. Serena spotted her and we watch her shivering and waiting her turn to swim.

Timmy sat and then started to go to the top of the bleachers. I told him to come back. He would but then leave again. Timmy went all the way to the top and Serena wanted to go to. Told her "no" that Timmy would then move on to something else and we are not going to play tag. He went down in front and Serena wanted to too. “No” to Serena and told Timmy to come back as he was not to block the view of the mother in front of us on the first row.

He returned and then left and went the top. This time I took Serena and we went up there and sat, too. Then he took off. I told him if he didn't sit we would leave. He decided he would go elsewhere. So I went after him and picked him up.

He screamed a bloodcurtling scream at the top of his lungs and kicked and screamed all the way to the car. I almost couldn't carry him. Then he continued on after we got in the car and I got him latched in. Then, I texted as he was kicking and screaming. Finally he quieted down to where he quit kicking and screaming and was now crying because he had to leave. Yep....tantrum. This is the only one he pulled on me the whole time.

****
This afternoon Serena and Tim were in their room. They were to pick it up and clean it up. Now, I give Serena credit, she did a pretty good job, with just a little bit left to pick up--although it took two hours of pokeyness to do it. Timmy was in and out and maybe put a couple of things in the basket. Finally I took Serena to her practice and Victoria took Timmy in and helped him finish. Ahhhhh what a way to spend the AFTERNOON!!! Neither fell asleep at nap time either.
*****
I downloaded some Bill Haley and Elvis music today and Madison walked in the kitchen as I was playing it. She stops and listens and then looks at me and asks me "what kind of music is that?" ..... Can you believe that there is someone that has never heard Rock N Roll - Classic.... I told her it was rock and roll. That it was Bill Haley, the one who started rock and roll. She kinda stopped, listened and then left...so I have no idea what her thoughts were on that.
*****

This morning Shelly came and got Victoria and they went to the get a pedicure...Shelly's treat to Victoria for her birthday. After she got her feet all beautiful, Victoria came home and then took Madison and they went and tromped through the mud and manure at MaryBeth's ranch to see the baby horse. Madison's adventure was that she caught a chicken.

****
The kids played outside quite a bit of the time yesterday. It is amazing the energy they have to pick up and move everything to create their playtime scenerios. The grass was cold and still wet. Serena has fallen somewhere and put a small gash (cut) in her leg.

This morning she cries getting out of bed because her foot hurts, her feet are cold and she is tired. Huimin gives her Motrin. She is still hurting (?) and crying and drags herself through getting ready. The bus is here and still her hair is not done and no shoes or socks. Huimin yells at her to get going....she gets socks and sits in front of drawer with shoes and ...puts...on...shoes. Sticks her arms in sweater and arms up with her back pack and out the door she goes still crying. Madison had come back to tell her to hurry the bus can't wait. She gets to the street and just trudges slowly down the street, still crying. Finally I don't see her any more but I hear the kids on the bus encouraging her and yelling "run...run...hurry....run" to her. Finally I hear the bus take off. Must get a gift certificate for that bus driver when the year ends. She is ok when she gets home at noon!
****
The day started off good. Madison got up before the alarm rang and was busy getting herself ready for school. Serena got up with a smile. They were both ready 5 minutes before the bus got here. Such little things that could make or break the day for the bus driver!

Time for me to get a few more winks of sleep. I eagerly jumped between the covers and snuggled down into the soft pillow. I remember hearing Victoria when she left. THEN I heard the creaking of a door and I listened. Now the patter-patter of little feet. "Grandma..get up" a little voice found me. ok...breakfast.
****
Serena reads the book on Alfie wanting a cookie. She did real good at pronouncing the words out. Just needed help with a few. But, now, Timmy decided he, too, wanted a cookie, so we all went and had cookies and milk. We then read the story of Timothy and talked about scrolls. Timothy had gotten a scroll that the Apostle Paul had written a letter to him on. The kids had made scrolls a few months ago and Serena had learn about some type of scrolls the indians used to draw pictures of what the animals did. We also read one of Timmy's favorite, the "I Forgot" book. They thought it was funny that I forgot that I had told him earlier that I would read it to them. Prayers.

*****
I was at the computer and heard a noise. I asked Timmy what he was doing as he had come in from the back yard, and ran down the hallway. Nick yelled back that Timmy was in his room. I thought that that was strange, why didn’t he just tell him to leave??? I start to head down the hall and Timmy yells something at me. Then he comes out of Nick's bedroom carrying the green basketball. So I send him back outside.

A little later Nick comes down the hall and into the kitchen...Timmy had been in the bedroom to get the ball back because he threw the ball through the window, knocking out the screen. Yep, I have seen him throw balls. He gives them a heave and you never know which way they are going to go!!

No comments: