Friday, December 2, 2011

Baking on a Cold Day

As soon as the temps got above freezing, I opened the door and let the dogs out.  Although the temperature then kept dipping, again,  below freezing, I kept the dogs out until I finished baking.

The banana bread turned out perfect---of course, when you follow the recipe, it is hard to mess it up.  The chocolate chip cookies turned out a bit chewy, since I used 7-grain cereal instead of oatmeal, but they are still A-OK.

As I started laying out the ingredients for the scones, I thought I would alter it and cut back on flour and increased the 7-grain cereal.  I ended up with a cross between a scone and a granola bar.  Not an ideal snack at all, however, the dates and walnuts, made it tasty, and the brown sugar crumbled lightly across its top added a nice sweet taste.

All is good.  At least we have breakfast food and snack food.  God is good.

1 comment:

Sr Crystal Mary Lindsey said...

Lets have a cuppa tea and it will be perfect...We are into summer and you are in winter..its a crazy world. But the cooking sounds good..