Thursday, March 17, 2011

Scones with Cream

The wind outside was cold, but inside the temperature warmed up as I heated up the oven to bake some scones.   The only fruit available was dates.  Then oatmeal was substituted for the 5 grain flour and margerine for the butter.  We had some cream in the fridge and it was substituted for 3/4's of the milk. 

I held my breath waiting for the first batch of scones to come out of the oven.  Finally, fresh from the oven, I was able to have a taste.  It was delicious. 

Sitting at the table, with my back soaking up the rays from the sun, I enjoyed the scones with a glass of water, as I read the mail and newspaper.

Superfuzz, the kitten, was now outside, and trying to be very sneaky and peaking over the last remaining snowdrift, to check out the dogs.  She runs circles around Sam, the big black dog, but then Sam does need the exercise.

Out of touch with the rest of the world for the afternoon, it was peaceful and enjoyable.  God is good.

No comments: