Saturday, August 7, 2010

How We Teach Our Children

There are so many things I could have taught my children, but didn't. There are so many things I could have done with the family, but didn't. Who knows how things would turn out if we could get the chance to relive the past, knowing what we know. In spite of all my shortcomings, the children grew up and became adults, of whom I am very proud. We can't always be there for our children, but when your trust is in the Lord, you know He will open doors for them and all will be all right.

I reminiscence about the years when my family was young, and realize that if by some chance I got the opportunity to change only one thing....it would be that I would do everything with kindness. What loss is it to us to be kind when we speak with our children, to be kind when we discipline our children, ----to be kind in all matters! It is not a show of weakness, but strength. Through kindness the truth of the matter is revealed. If I teach my children anything, I hope they learn of kindess, without it they will never truly know love.

1 Corinthians 13:4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;


It was God who loved us first and He has never stopped loving us. It was God who first showed us kindness, and He continues to do so. His kindess is a delight and with it He measures our footsteps that we should not stumble. When in our rebellion, we sinned greatly, yet He showed us mercy, and opened doors that we may return to Him. Until you take the walk of faith and follow Him, you will never find true happiness that brings peace and contentment.

Titus 3:3 For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another. 4 But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, 5 not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,

No comments: