Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Accusers

Years ago I had a dream. In front of me there was a high bluff and under it was a shoreline that lead to the promised land. The sea was beautiful. I am standing ready to go in the land, however, I looked back. Then I turned around and returned in order to get everyone else to come with me.

There is a river in front of me and on the other side of it is the path that leads back to "everyone else". The river is deep and I see what looks like a rock. I step on it and get to the other side. Unfortunately it was not a rock and I watch in amazement as it turns into a huge dinosaur that is walking on two legs. It has shiny, colorful, scale-like shields that are flapping up and down angerly as he stomps around roaring. I realize how powerful he is and I can only stare. Then someone comes down from a mountain and leads me up a windy path to the top of the mountain. There we look back to watch and marvel at the angry beast. End of dream.

Sometimes when we try to do what is right, we do wake up the beast. It is Satan that poisons the truth with vicious lies and tries to destroy the children of God. But, we do have a Savior, our Shepherd and King--Jesus Christ, the true Son of God. He leads us through the valleys and over the mountains and with His mighty Hand protects us. Let us, too, not be the accusers of good men. God help us all.

James 3:7-9 (New King James Version) 7 For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and creature of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by mankind. 8 But no man can tame the tongue. It is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison. 9 With it we bless our God and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the similitude of God.

No comments: