Thursday, June 3, 2010

How That Wind Dost Blow!!!

The rain is gone (temporarily) but gusty winds have blown in! Spent the morning in town and was hoping to unload the chips this afternoon, but it might be a good idea to wait a bit and see if the wind dies down a little.

Yesterday, as I was driving along IN TOWN, I noticed a movement along the bottom of the passenger side of the windshield. I looked over and there was a MOUSE staring straight at me and coming across the wipers. Had to double check to make sure it was on the OUTSIDE and then I turned on the windshield wipers. It flew over to my side and then the wipers swung back and it flew back and off the side and onto the road. Now I am checking out every little noise I hear in the cab!!! It probably came from the load of chips that I picked up at the City Recycle....so, I am a little reluctant to scoop the rest of the chips out with my hands!!! Later this afternoon I will move the pickup to the side of the house and drag the trailer over and then see if a transfer can be made from one to the other.

Since it is a bit on the cool side and it is so windy out, I think I will again try to make a new scone. That ought to heat the house up, as I am sure I will get a lot of hot air out of Texas!

No comments: