Saturday, October 8, 2011

Long days.

Last week, my son and his wife moved my storage out of a large storage unit and into one half the size (and almost half the cost.)  I have been moving stuff out of the unit over time, resulting in quite a bit wasted space.  We then moved the clothing boxes, linen boxes and "fragile" boxes back to the house to go through.  It appears to be an overwhelming task, as I sit and look at the boxes.  But, proceeding with one foot in front of the other, I will eventually get it done, one box at a time!!

We have had heavy rains these last few days and they have saved our stressed out trees! The grass, that was withered and brown, has once again turned green.  You would never guess that this is October!!  I like this weather--it is nice.  If we don't see snow or cold, I will be happy. 

My grandson was baptized the night before his father left.  He was baptized by his father.  The other children were all baptized in church, but Timmy wasn't.  Time constraints overwhelmed us, with all that was going on, so it fell on Tim to baptize Timmy.   I believe God brings about happenings in our lives, to strengthen our faith, and bring families together.  Does a pastor have more authority to do a baptism?  Would someone more knowledgeable about the Bible have more authority to do a baptism?  No.  The answer is "no" to both questions.  It is not our knowledge, it is not our authority, power or any act of ours, that brings about the washing away of the sins, it is all  done by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.  He knows our heart and that is what is important--that we love Him.

All is good.    

3 comments:

AnitaGay said...

let me know how that one box at a time goes....he he

RandiGrace said...

Well, I haven't started yet....looks like it is going to be a LONG process. Starting to move some stuff back to storage. Too much to go through! :(

Kat said...

Once the basement is finished and the stuff in the house gets put away it will be easier to go through the other boxes... :)