Friday, December 10, 2010

Recipe Book to be updated

Today another batch of scones came out of the oven. A great treat -- a scone with a glass of iced tea! (mmmm-- Not too sweet and not too bready.)

This time I added another cup of flour to the recipe. Before, I always had to put lots of flour in the dusting, when rolling out the dough, as it was so sticky! Also, 3/4 cup corn meal was added instead of 1/2 cup, as that was all that was left in the container. It turned out very good. Just right for the recipe book. Thanks, Anita, for turning me on to scones!!

The outside temps dropped down to 12 F, so I brought the dogs in. Besides a treat, I gave Sam a new squeeky toy to play with. I threw it in their area and it rolled up next to the fence. Little Fuzz, the one who charges without thinking, immediately ran up to play with it, sticking her paw through the squares. Then, she backed up when she saw Sam. Sam is now standing as a sentinel, waiting, watching, and not moving, knowing that Super Fuzz will again try to paw that ball.

You can see the straw, on the rug, just brought in by the dogs. Their dog houses are filled with warm straw. Each stalk, insulates against the cold. The dead air space in the empty hollow tubes create a barrier, as the straw meshes together, one stalk against another. Since Beamer is losing his hair (The vets cannot explain it or stop it.) I try to bring them in if there is no sunshine and the temps drop below freezing. His store-bought coat and vest does protect him, but not all of him can be covered.

So, as we catch the edge of another winter storm, I'll have a break, with tea and scone, and then start on that recipe book, that I have procrastinated the updating of. Everything sounds like fun when you plan it, but I guess there are a lot of lazy bones in me that don't want to get started!!

No comments: