Monday, September 29, 2014

Getting Up and Moving

So, now that the children are on their own, the days are my own.  My thoughts are going in dozens of different directions.  There are so many projects I had put off - mostly large projects.  Realizing what is ahead, I am temporarily overwhelmed and flustered and I don't feel like starting anything.  

Sitting down, I turn to Rejoice Radio:  http://www.rejoice.org/Streams/RBNPlayerFlash.html  The focus is now on the Lord and my heart is at ease.

After many rainy days, the sun is shining.   As soon as it warms up I will go outside and start filling some gopher holes.   The gophers dig out on the landfill and when winter comes, and the freeze sets in, their holes will allow the sewer line to freeze.   We also have a couple up by the house that need to be filled, and should have been filled before the rain.   Their holes allow water to get down on the foundation.  Then, when the freeze comes, and the dampness, or water, gets into cracks, crevices or bubbles in the cement, it freezes.  Then the thaw comes, the ice expands and it cracks the cement.

Well on with the day.   The first priority is to get all the winterizing done, and then it is time to start on Mom's scrape books, again.

 God is good.

No comments: