Sunday, August 17, 2014

Summer Slips on By

The morning coolness spills into the house through open windows, as we prepare for another warm day.  Its only going to be 83 today, and for me, that is a comfortable temperature, but with cooking, and kids running around, it is a little too warm for a house.

The grandchildren have either returned to school, or are preparing for the return.  Summer is over.   My plans for accomplishing a lot of projects, for the summer, were again put on the back burner.  But, the Lord opens doors and when it is time, then He will make things ready, or give the opportunity to make our paths ready for Him.

My back, lower right side, has given me all kinds of problems lately.  Sleep is difficult for more than a couple of hours at a time.   Tomorrow I will have to call and set up another appointment with the physical therapist.  They can do such wonders with the alignment of the body!   I am so thankful the Lord sent me there, or I would still be using a cane.

As the year draws nearer to fall and winter, the children have all made plans and taken actions in their lives, that have made them all more independent and given them more freedom in their own lives.  I'm almost not needed any more!   But, then, that is not so bad, just being in the "grandma" capacity is quite a full-time job, as it is!!  And, one I thoroughly enjoy!

As soon as life settles down, and everyone is back on a normal schedule, I will write about this summer.  God be with us all.

No comments: