Saturday, December 13, 2014

Christmas is Coming!





Blessings, in the name of our Lord!  In all we do, praise the Lord!

What a celebration!  The remembrance of the birth of our Lord, Jesus, the Christ child.  His birth is celebrated by kings and beggars, by the elderly and the child, He is worshiped by all.  It is so magnificent that this amazingly awesome God of all Creation has such great a love for each and every one of us.    Oh blessed Jesus, we worship you, and you alone.

This year Christmas is fast approaching.  I still have not made my gift for the children, but God will provide just the right amount of time for it to be done, when the time has come.   My daughter made cookies a couple of days ago.  Now it is my turn to make some candies.  I have one new recipe that I am looking forward to trying.  It is the Betty Crocker recipe for mints, which will be dipped into almond bark.  I've been thinking of it for some time, ever since my daughter-in-law posted the recipe on Facebook.  Today is the day I will make the new experiment.   First I have to finish a load of clothes so that they will get folded before I start.

We have been working on getting a fence installed.  It has been done in three segments.  First the setting of the poles and the putting together of a frame for the bottom.  Second, the pouring of the cement.  Third, the installation of the fence fabric and gates.  The installation was done yesterday, and it was such a perfect day.  The temps got to the 60's and there was no wind.  Now the animals can run freely and in safety!


This year for the holidays I am going to visit my other children.   This time I am not driving--I have had enough long distance trips during the winter time!   I am not taking the bus, on which you sit in one spot for pretty much the entire trip.  I am not flying, which would be quicker, but more costly and the corridors at the airport  are just too long and big for me to get around to change flights.  Instead, this year I purchased a rail pass and will be traveling to both the west coast and the east coast for one very reasonable fee!   I went to K-Mart and Shopko and found a couple of pairs of very comfortable clothes to wear and a new pair of boots that would give my feet good support.   An added feature with these boots (for when I returned) is that they have nonskid soles.   When shopping, I went down the row of boxes filled with boots and felt all the soles before choosing the perfect boot.  Now, all I need is for my days of travel to begin!!



The children at the church made Advent wreaths with candles this year - so I bought one.  My granddaughter got up to the table and was admiring the wreath.   The next time I saw her she had the candles out and was trying to mash them into her own design on the green wet ring that held them.  Needless to say, the ring was destroyed.   A new ring was bought, but they had already left, so we have not even got to light our candles yet!



The Christmas cards and letters have been sent - with a quick message and holiday wishes.  Christmas presents are starting to appear under the Christmas tree.  The mail services have been busy with deliveries of brown boxes filled with mysterious goodies.  

The weather, which has been so warm, except for the big storm that came through, is starting to change.   Winter is coming soon.   The geese which have been out of sight, are now starting to congregate in the fields around us, honking noisily as the flocks settle into the fields.

Expectations are high.  There is a celebration in our hearts and love for each other abounds.  Christmas is coming!

No comments: